Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seek healthy men, 18-35 years old to participate in a research study. Doctors want to learn how the body burns energy at different temperatures. Compensation is provided.
During the study, you will:
- Have a screening visit including medical history, physical exam, blood tests and EKG.
- Have a 17-day inpatient stay at the NIH Clinical Center with weekends off.
- Stay in a temperature-controlled room and wear non-invasive devices to measure activity, heart rate and temperature.
- Receive daily study medications (FDA-approved).
You may be eligible if you:
- Are male, 18-35 years old.
- Have a BMI of 18.5-25 kg/m2.
You may not be eligible if you:
- Have a history of cancer, bariatric surgery, diabetes, or asthma.
- Smoke or use tobacco products.
The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is in Bethesda, Maryland. On the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information, please call:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)