CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Research Study for Healthy Men
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seek healthy men, 18-35 years old to participate in a research study. Doctors want to learn how the body burns energy at different temperatures. Compensation is provided.
During the study, you will:
- Have a screening visit including medical history, physical exam, blood tests and EKG.
- Have a 17-day inpatient stay at the NIH Clinical Center with weekends off.
- Stay in a temperature-controlled room and wear non-invasive devices to measure activity, heart rate and temperature.
- Receive daily study medications (FDA-approved).
You may be eligible if you:
- Are male, 18-35 years old.
- Have a BMI of 18.5-25 kg/m2.
You may not be eligible if you:
- Have a history of cancer, bariatric surgery, diabetes, or asthma.
- Smoke or use tobacco products.
The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is in Bethesda, Maryland. On the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information, please call:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017