COVID-19 and the Link with Changes in the Eyes
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) seek volunteers to participate in a research study examining for possible changes in the eyes that might have occurred occur as a result of COVID-19 infection. Researchers want to learn how many people experience these eyesight changes and where in the eye they occurred.
You can participate if you:
- Are 18 years old and older
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 infection and have recovered
- Do not currently have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection
About the study:
- Participants will have one or more study visits.
- During these visits you will have:
- A medical history and a physical exam
- An eye exam
- Pictures taken of the retina
NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, In Bethesda, Maryland. Accessible on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information:
NIH Clinical Center Office of Patient Recruitment
800-877-8339 TTY / ASCII
Se habla español
Or go online:
Refer to study # 000078-EI
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Eye Institute (NEI)