COVID-19 Adaptation and Response to Exercise
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) Clinical Center are looking for adult volunteers for a study on whether an aerobic exercise program benefits survivors of COVID-19.
About the study:
- Participants will be randomly assigned to one of two groups:
- Group 1 will participate in a supervised exercise and education program three times a week for 10 weeks.
- Group 2 will receive education only for 10 weeks and then participate in 10 weeks of supervised exercise.
- Before and after the exercise program, participants will complete several assessments and questionnaires including those related to physical fitness, heart and lung function, bloodwork and walk tests.
- There is no cost to participate. Compensation is provided.
You can participate if you:
- Are 18 to 80 years old
- Have a lab-confirmed test for SARS-CoV2 infection (the virus that causes COVID-19)
- Are experiencing physical limitations or fatigue since your COVID-19 diagnosis
Location: The study procedures and exercise program will take place at the NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, in Bethesda, Maryland.
To Learn More:
Call the Office of Patient Recruitment at 800- 411-1222
(se habla español) TTY: 800-877-8339
Or go online:
Refer to study # 000102-CC
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)