Welcome! Come enjoy our cozy nook! We are a contract lending library serving the needs of NIH patients, their families and caregivers. Browse our offerings in the library or search our collection using our online catalog. We also have digital resources available for your enjoyment through our e-library. We hope you will find something special to borrow during your stay.
- Print Books - current best-sellers as well as our special collection on health and coping topics.
- Audiobooks - on CD and digital; include fiction, nonfiction, language instruction, guided imagery and meditation.
- DVDs - From new releases to cult favorites! Available for viewing by NIH inpatients. A limited number of portable DVD players are also available.
- E-books and E-audiobooks - Patients and family members find the NIH Patient Library on Libby/Overdrive. Call us ahead at 301-451-7603 and we will assign a library card number to you. It’s that easy.
- Streaming Guided Imagery Audio Meditations - Visit our Healing Streams Page to improve sleep, ease pain and reduce anxiety and stress. Available 24/7 from your own personal device.
- Music CDs - from classical to hip hop, including therapeutically designed relaxation music. CD players and bluetooth speakers are also available for loan to our inpatients.
- XBOX 360 Games and Controllers - For loan to inpatients who have an Xbox console in their room.
- Laptops and Tablets - for loan to select inpatient groups. Please contact us for further information.
- Newspapers and Magazines - The latest magazines, clean and fresh, ranging in subject matter from home decor to entertainment news, as well as The Washington Post and The New York Times.
Building 10/CRC staff are welcome to check out books and audiobooks from our collection. Please come by and visit us, or call 301-451-7603 for more information.