Department of Clinical Research Informatics
Radiology Imaging Library
The Radiology Imaging Library uses an NIH approved secure file sharing service, BOX, to upload imaging studies performed outside of the Clinical Center to the Radiology Imaging Library. The images will be available for your NIH clinical contact service or representative to review.
Step 1. Compress the imaging data into a single file.
- Obtain a CD/DVD or download (skip to step 5) of the study from your radiology imaging center.
- Place the CD/DVD in your computer. The CD/DVD may automatically play and display a menu. If this occurs, exit the menu/program that displays.
- Go to My Computer. Right mouse click on the drive that corresponds to the CD/DVD. Select Copy.
- Go to the desktop of your computer, Select Paste. This will copy the entire CD/DVD to your computer desktop (or Copy the entire contents of the CD/DVD to new folder).
- Right mouse click on the study folder. Select "Send To: Compressed (zipped) Folder." The will create a new compressed file, with the extension .zip. Name the zip file the same as the study ID number.
Step 2. Upload the file using the below BOX:
- Drag and drop your file into the box above or select browse to choose your Zip file.
- In the File Description text box, type in the study center and study ID number (if applicable) and any other information you would like to convey to the NIH Image Library (Optional).
- Enter your e-mail address (Required).
- Select the Upload button once.
- You will receive the following message on-screen after the upload has been successful:
Success. Your file has been uploaded, and the owner has been notified.
A note about file size:
- Users uploading files through Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8 can upload files up to 2 GB in size.
- Users uploading files through Internet Explorer versions 9, 10 and 11 can upload files up to 4 GB in size.
- Google Chrome allows file uploads up to the 5 GB maximum.
The maximum file size is 5 GB. If your file is larger than the maximum for your browser, you may need to create multiple zip files.
BOX is a secure commercial site approved by NIH which provides an easy and fast method for sending and receiving large files. For additional details, please contact the Radiology Imaging Library or review the BOX website. (Privacy notice for BOX website)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 11/14/2018