We would like to thank our community of dedicated platelet and blood donors for support of our NIH Clinical Center patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit our platelet donation web page for locations and updated hours of operation.
- About Us
- About Donating
- Make an Appointment
- Types of Donations
- Can I Donate If...?
- After Donating
- Iron and Blood Donation
- How to Find Us
Blood type needs change daily. If you are not sure of your next eligible donation date, please call the NIH Blood Bank at (301) 496-1048.
Walk-in donors are welcome Monday through Friday from 7:30am - 4:30pm.
NIH BLOOD BANK
Platelet donation is important!
Platelet donation has health benefits for the donor. Each time you receive a free wellness check, which includes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and hemoglobin (Hb).
- There is an ongoing need for platelet donations as they are only viable for five (5) days.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products for 48 hours prior to your donation.
- Relax and unwind, watch a movie, while helping to save lives.
Platelet donation takes place at the following:
- The NIH Donor Center at Fishers Lane
- Monday – Friday and select Saturdays
- NIH Blood Bank Main Campus
- Friday mornings
Learn more about donating platelets by apheresis.To schedule a platelets donation appointment, please call 301-496-4321 or email email@example.com.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 11/03/2020