Are you a recent college graduate or planning to graduate within the next six months? Are you planning to apply to graduate or professional school but want to conduct research for a year or two before enrolling? Consider the NIH Postbaccalaureate (Postbac) IRTA Program. The NIH Postbac IRTA Program is a one- to two-year, full-time research program for recent college graduates. Applications are accepted year round.
The Clinical Center is one of many NIH institutes and centers that participates in the NIH Postbac IRTA Program. At the Clinical Center, the NIH's research hospital, postbacs conduct research in various departments such as Critical Care, Rehabilitation Medicine, Nursing, and Radiology and Imaging Sciences.
- Video: Applying to the NIH Postbac IRTA Program
- 'Am I Eligible' Eligibility Wizard
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing a Prospective Research Mentor
- Previous Postbac Research Projects
- NIH Postbac IRTA Application
- Individuals interested in the Bioethics Postbac Fellowship should visit the Bioethics Department website.
Contact the Clinical Center Posbac Coordinators: