Do You Have Asthma?
A Study for Adults with Asthma
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) want to learn more about asthma. Information from this research may be useful in developing new treatments for asthma.
Consider participating if you:
- Are 18 or older
- Have asthma (even if you are not currently taking asthma medications)
- Do not have any other serious lung conditions
During the study you may have:
- One testing visit and one overnight stay at the NIH Clinical Center
- Tests of your lung function, blood work, urine collection, chest X-ray
- A procedure to collect cells from your airway (bronchoscopy)
There is no cost to participate.
Compensation for participation and travel may be provided.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, in Bethesda, Maryland, is conveniently located on the Metro red line (Medical Center stop). Parking is provided at no cost.
For more information:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 06/28/2019