CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Inherited Immune System Diseases
New Techniques for Treatment of Immune System Diseases
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, are investigating new techniques needed to develop gene therapy or other treatment for certain inherited immune system diseases. If you have an inherited disease that is affecting your blood or bone marrow cell that generate blood cells, you may be eligible to participate in this research study. Participants will be screened with a medical history, physical examination and blood and urine tests. There is no cost for study-related tests and exams. Compensation may be provided.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are at least 8 years old (parents must give permission for minors to participate)
- Have one of the following conditions:
- adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency (ADA-SCID)
- chronic granulomatous disease (CGD)
- interferon gamma receptor deficiency (IGR-deficiency)
- leukocyte adhesion deficiency (LAD)
- Wiskott-Alrich syndrome (WAS)
- X-linked severe combined immune deficiency (X-SCID)
- other inherited immune disease
You may not be eligible if you:
- Have unstable blood pressure
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have chronic liver or kidney disease
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/04/2018