Healthy Volunteers Needed
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) seeks healthy volunteers for a study about blood vessel stiffness. In this study, healthy volunteers will be compared with patients with rare genetic conditions that affect the blood vessels. All study-related procedures are provided at no cost and compensation is provided.
About your participation:
- It may take several visits to the NIH Clinical Center to complete all components of the study (exact days and times to volunteer are flexible depending on your availability)
- Blood and urine collection
- CT scans, Holter monitor, echocardiogram, MRI/MRA (magnetic resonance angiography), and ultrasound imagings, among other tests
Who can participate?
- Healthy volunteers 3-85 years old
- You must NOT have a history of a genetic heart condition
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, is located on the Metro red line (Medical Center) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, contact:
The Office of Patient Recruitment
TTY users call via MD Relay 7-1-1
Se habla español
Or go online:
Refer to study 16-H-0144
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)