CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Study for Healthy Women
Metabolism at Different Temperatures
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seek healthy women to participate in a research study. Doctors want to learn how the body burns energy at different temperatures. Compensation is provided.
You may be eligible if you are:
- A healthy Caucasian female, 18-35 years old
- Of normal body weight (body mass index 18.5-25 kg/m2)
During the study, you will:
- Have a screening visit including medical history, physical exam, blood tests and EKG
- Have an 8 to 11-day inpatient stay at the NIH Clinical Center
- Stay in a temperature-controlled room and wear non-invasive devices to measure activity, heart rate and temperature
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/04/2018