Metabolism at Different Temperatures
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seek healthy women to participate in a research study. Doctors want to learn how the body burns energy at different temperatures. Compensation is provided.
You may be eligible if you are:
- A healthy Caucasian female, 18-35 years old
- Of normal body weight (body mass index 18.5-25 kg/m2)
During the study, you will:
- Have a screening visit including medical history, physical exam, blood tests and EKG
- Have an 8 to 11-day inpatient stay at the NIH Clinical Center
- Stay in a temperature-controlled room and wear non-invasive devices to measure activity, heart rate and temperature
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)