First in Human documentary
- Exclusive Interview with Terry Fry and John Tisdale and article on Job's Syndrome
Monsters & Critics
- Temple native's sickle cell case to be featured on Discovery program
Temple Daily Telegram News
- (VIDEO) Jim Parsons on Documentary First In Human
Jimmy Kimmel Live
- (VIDEO) Feature on First in Human
- Discovery's 'First In Human' Calls Much-Needed Attention To Clinical Trials
- First in Human: New Discovery Channel Show Looks Like a Keeper
- (VIDEO) Jim Parsons on The Talk
CBS (interview begins at 19:48)
- Discovery Communications documentary series features NIH clinical research patients and staff
- Jim Parsons to narrate Discovery's "First in Human"
Office of Communications & Media Relations
Media Clips & Resources
Clinical Center in the News
- Robotic exoskeletons show promise as tool to help kids with cerebral palsy walk easier
- Why were a little girl's muscles as weak as noodles? The answer was unexpected.
The Washington Post
- Deep learning poised to revolutionise diagnostic imaging
The Lancet: Respiratory Medicine
- Latinos left out of clinical trials ... and possible cures
Three patients at the NIH Clinical Center discuss their experience participating in a clinical trial.
Kaiser Health News
- What is a clinical trial?
Health Navigator NY
- Jim Parsons set to narrate Discovery Channel's documentary series First in Human
Unprecedented access inside the National Institutes of Health's Building 10 premieres Aug. 10
News Releases & Advisories
- NIAID scientists illuminate mechanism of increased cardiovascular risks with HIV (08/30/17)
- NIH Clinical Center receives 2017 Excellence Award for outstanding emotional support to patients (08/29/17)
- Robotic exoskeleton offers potential new approach to alleviating crouch gait in children with cerebral palsy (08/25/17)
- Experimental treatment for Niemann-Pick disease type C1 appears safe, effective (08/11/17)
- NCI study shows feasibility of cancer screening protocol for patients with Li-Fraumeni syndrome (08/03/17)
Participants were evaluated and underwent screening examinations at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Discovery documentary First in Human gives an up-close look at how advances in medicine are made at the NIH Clinical Center (07/26/17)
- HIV hijacks surface molecule to invade cell (07/12/17)
NIH discovery that takes place in the NIH Clinical Center could lead to new drugs to prevent HIV infection.
- NIH and collaborators identify the genomic cause for Carey-Fineman-Ziter syndrome (07/06/17)
- NIH scientists try to crack the brain's memory code (06/01/17)
- NIH researchers find potential genetic cause of Cushing syndrome (06/01/17)
- NIH announces 2017-2018 Medical Research Scholars Program Class (05/10/17)
- NIH study of Ebola patient traces disease progression and recovery (04/12/17)
- Rare Disease Day at NIH event features advances in rare diseases research (02/22/17)
- Respiratory syncytial virus vaccine enters clinical testing (02/22/17)
- NIH begins study of vaccine to protect against mosquito-borne diseases (02/21/17)
- Experimental PfSPZ malaria vaccine provides durable protection against multiple strains in NIH clinical trial (02/21/17)
- NIH research helps explain how antibody treatment led to sustained remission of HIV-like virus (02/15/17)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/14/2017