Groundbreaking immunotherapy trial at the NIH Clinical Center
- 'I have definitely hit the jackpot.' Advanced breast cancer disappears after new immunotherapy
- Therapy Made From Patient's Immune System Shows Promise For Advanced Breast Cancer
- Researchers use immune-cell 'army' to battle another tough cancer
The Washington Post
- Groundbreaking treatment saves life of woman with late-stage breast cancer
- New Immunotherapy Treatment Removes All Tumors In Woman With Advanced Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Experimental immune treatment saves dying breast cancer patient
Office of Communications & Media Relations
Media Clips & Resources
Clinical Center in the News
- Finding answers for patients with the rarest of rare diseases
- Scientists race to improve 'Living Drugs' to fight cancer
Update: A young man's experiment with a 'Living Drug' for Leukemia
A 20-year-old receives treatment for his leukemia with CAR-T cell therapy at the NIH Clinical Center.
- Clinical Trials and You: For people with cancer and other illnesses, clinical trials can offer hope—but know the risks
- She had a lot of rashes, but don’t all kids?
The Washington Post
- Tackle the patient cultural divide with these technologies
Managed Healthcare Executive
- In a coma for days, Va. college athlete overcomes near-death experience with mono
Participant in study at the NIH Clinical Center helps advance research on mononucleosis.
- Dripping candle wax’ bone disease: scientists find cause of rare condition that causes bones to ‘flow’
Though there are only about 400 known cases of this disorder worldwide, 15 unrelated adults with the condition from around the globe volunteered to come to the NIH Clinical Center to undergo biopsies of both affected and unaffected bones.
- Poor sleep may cause an increase in brain protein linked to Alzheimer’s
The study, which included 20 participants at the NIH Clinical Center, shows that sleep deprivation is linked to higher levels of a protein called beta-amyloid—a notorious precursor to Alzheimer’s disease.
- NIH Clinical Center taps retired Navy captain as new COO
Becker's Hospital review
- From Bench to Bedside: Researchers of NIH’s Clinical Center
NIH MedlinePlus magazine
- New paths to cure cancer emerge from immunotherapy trials
- The Deep Learning Technique Best Poised to Change Radiology
- Catching the flu on purpose, for science
ABC Good Morning America
News Releases & Advisories
- NIH scientists combine technologies to view the retina in unprecedented detail (11/14/18)
- Researchers identify immune culprits linked to inflammation and bone loss in gum disease (10/17/18)
- Study identifies gene that makes gentle touch feel painful after injury (10/10/18)
- The NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Network expands (09/24/18)
- NIH and Children’s National partner to advance pediatric clinical research (09/17/18)
- NIH Clinical Center releases dataset of 32,000 CT images (07/20/18)
- NIH announces 2018-2019 Medical Research Scholars Program class (06/11/18)
- New approach to immunotherapy leads to complete response in breast cancer patient unresponsive to other treatments (06/04/18)
- NIH study finds gut microbiome can control antitumor immune function in liver (05/24/18)
Study performed in the NIH Clinical Center may have implications for understanding the mechanisms that lead to liver cancer and for therapeutic approaches to treat them.
- NIH begins test Ebola treatment in early-stage trial (05/23/18)
- Bacteria therapy for eczema shows promise in NIH study (05/03/18)
- NIH statement on World Asthma Day 2018 (05/01/18)
Video features three patients who participated in an asthma study at the NIH Clinical Center.
- Lack of sleep may be linked to risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease (04/13/18)
The study conducted at the NIH Clinical Center shows that sleep deprivation is linked to higher levels of beta-amyloid — a notorious precursor to Alzheimer’s disease.
- NIH researchers crack mystery behind rare bone disorder (04/11/18)
- NIH Clinical Center names U.S. Navy Captain Pius Aiyelawo as chief operating officer of the research hospital (04/02/18)
- NIH pilot project will match researchers to genes, gene variants of interest (03/01/18)
- NIH Hosts Rare Disease Day Event on March 1, 2018 (02/20/18)
- Study links gut-homing protein levels with HIV infection risk, disease progression (01/24/18)
- Flu infection study increases understanding of natural immunity (01/23/18)
- The coming of age of gene therapy: A review of the past and path forward (01/12/18)
- NIH study supports use of short-term HIV treatment interruption in clinical trials (01/11/18)
- MERS antibodies produces in cattle safe, treatment well tolerated in Phase 1 trial (01/10/18)
- NIH discovery brings stem cell therapy for eye disease closer to the clinic (01/02/18)
New age-related macular degeneration clinical trial set to launch in the Clinical Center in 2018.
NIH Clinical Center "B-Roll": Special Clinical Studies Unit Patient Room
News Releases Archives
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 11/26/2018