CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Healthy African Americans Needed
Genetic Factors associated with Kidney Disease
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are conducting a research study on the genetic factors associated with kidney disease. African-Americans are more likely to develop kidney disease than other individuals. This study will identify how certain genes may make individuals prone to develop kidney disease.
- Initial history and physical exam
- You will provide blood samples for genetic testing
- There is no cost for study-related test and exams
- Compensation will be provided
You may be eligible if you:
- Are African-American 18-60 years old
- Are a non-smoker
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) less than 40
You may not be eligible if you:
- Are currently taking blood pressure medications
- Are currently taking a medication for high cholesterol
- Are diabetic
- Have a chronic medical condition such as hepatitis B or C
- Are HIV positive
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland. Parking is provided at no cost.
For more information:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017