NIAID Researches Need You!
Researchers at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases are looking for volunteers who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 5 days. In this trial, in addition to standard medical therapy, participants will receive the experimental drug IL-7 that helps the body make white blood cells to fight viruses like COVID-19. This study will help researchers determine the safety and effectiveness of IL-7 to help the immune system prevent serious complications from COVID-19.
- One week-long hospital stay and five (1-2 hour) clinic visits
- A 90-day commitment to the study
- A physical exam and review of medical history
- Collection of blood and stool samples
- Nasal and throat swab tests
- An EKG of your heart
- Investigational treatment with IL-7 or placebo
You may be eligible if you:
- Are age 19-75
- Are not on oxygen
- Do not have HIV or an impaired immune system
- Are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital located in Bethesda, MD. Metro red line (Medical Center stop).
For more information:
NIH Clinical Center
Office of Patient Recruitment
800-877-8339 (TTY / ASCII)
Se habla español
Or go online:
Refer to study # 20-I-0140
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)