CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Do you have Opiate Addiction?
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, seek volunteers who are dependent on opioids like heroin, hydrocodone, fentanyl, methadone, or oxycodone and are receiving or not receiving treatment for their addiction. The purpose of this research study is to learn how opiate use disorder affects dopamine signaling in the brain.
- This research study involves a screening day, and up to three study days
- You will have a medical examination and a personal interview to see if you meet criteria for the study
- Compensation is provided
- All study-related tests and procedures are provided at no cost
You can participate in this study if you:
- Are 20-65 years old
- Have moderate or severe OUD
- Are receiving or not receiving treatment for OUD
You cannot participate in this study if you:
- Have a medical disease or condition such as HIV, heart disease, or lung disease
- Have a psychiatric illness or condition, such as major depression, addiction, PTSD or schizophrenia that required medication or hospitalization
- Are a female who is pregnant or breastfeeding
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017