CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Study for Those with or at Risk for Hereditary Stomach Cancer
A Research Study for Hereditary Stomach Cancer
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) seek individuals with hereditary stomach (gastric) cancer or who are at risk for developing stomach cancer because of a genetic (inherited) condition. Hereditary stomach cancers run in families, meaning they are passed from one generation to the next. In this study, we want to learn more about these types of stomach cancers as well as investigate the genes involved.
Eligible participants are 2 or older and may have:
- A family history of stomach cancer
- Hereditary diffuse gastric cancer (CDH1 mutation)
- A stomach lesion that is suspected to be hereditary
- A genetic mutation that is known to lead to stomach cancer
- Hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC, also known as Lynch syndrome)
- Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)
During the study:
- You will receive a physical exam, blood and urine tests, imaging studies (MRI and CT scans), and genetic testing
- Your relatives may also be eligible to participate
All study-related tests and procedures are provided at no cost. Travel costs may be reimbursed.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland. There is no charge for study-related tests or procedures. Compensation and travel assistance may be provided.
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 07/18/2018