CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Kidney Disease Research Study
ManNac for Patients with Kidney Disease
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in Bethesda, Maryland, are conducting a research study using an investigational drug called, ManNac, in patients with the following kidney diseases: focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), membranous nephropathy (MN), and minimal change disease (MCD). The purpose of this study is to test whether ManNac a simple form of sugar, is safe in patients with kidney disease. We hope further studies using ManNac will show whether it works at preventing protein in the urine proteinuria reduction.
Consider participating if you:
- Are 18 or older
- Have FSGS, MN or MCD through kidney biopsy
You cannot participate if you:
- Have a history of alcohol or substance dependence
- Have other conditions such as HIV infection, hepatitis B or C
- Are a female who is pregnant or breast feeding
- Have been treated with another investigational drug, investigational device, or approved therapy for investigational use less than 60 days prior to ManNAc dosing
What is involved?
- All participants will receive ManNAc
- A medical history, physical exam, blood and urine samples will be collected
- Participation in this research study will last for a total of 31 days
- 11 days at the NIH Clinical Center and several outpatient clinical visits
- There is no cost for study-related medications, tests, or procedures
- Compensation and travel will be provided
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, call:
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017