CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Healthy, Normal-Weight 55-75 Year Olds
NIH Dietary Supplement Study
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is currently conducting a study to investigate benefits of omega-3 oil and blackcurrant supplementation on vascular health in healthy older adults. The information gathered from the study may help understand the effects of omega-3 oil and blackcurrant supplementation alone or in combination on your blood vessels which can affect your heart. The goals of the study include exploring whether therapeutic dietary interventions improve blood flow and the function of your blood vessels.
You may qualify if:
- You are a male or female between 55 and 75 years of age
- You are in general good health as determined by examination and blood tests
- You have normal or mildly elevated blood pressure
- You have normal or mildly elevated blood cholesterol levels
You may not qualify if:
- You have a known cardiovascular disease
- You have a serious or progressive medical illness
- You are taking medications for any illnesses
- You have an allergy to fish oil or blackcurrant
- You are overweight
- You have an alcohol or substance abuse problem
- The duration of the study will be 4 visits over 24 weeks. The study will be carried out in an outpatient clinic.
- There is no charge for study-related tests.
- Compensation for time and inconvenience for the study is provided.
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017