CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
(TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing 1-866-411-1010)
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Healthy Overweight Volunteers Needed
The Effects of Colchicine on Weight-Related Conditions
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, seek overweight volunteers for a research study. Doctors want to determine the effects of the medication colchicine on weight-related conditions.
You may be eligible if you are:
- 18 or older
- Overweight and in good general health
You may not be eligible if you:
- Have a medical condition such as diabetes or gout
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Are taking steroids or anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Use any tobacco products
- This study involves 4 outpatient visits lasting 5-6 hours
- You may be assigned to take colchicine or a placebo (no-medicine) capsule for 3 months
- All study-related tests and medications are provided at no cost
- Compensation will be provided
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland. Parking is provided at no cost.
For more information:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/27/2018