CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Study for Pustular Skin Disease
Pustular Skin Disease Study
The National Cancer Institute, Dermatology Branch is conducting a study investigating anakinra for the treatment of inflammatory pustular skin diseases. Anakinra is a once daily injected medication that targets a specific part of your immune system (Interleukin-1). The results of this study may help us to provide a safer and more effective therapy for people with these conditions, and improve our knowledge of these diseases.
We are seeking participants who:
- Are 18 and older.
- Are diagnosed with an active inflammatory pustular skin disease such as pustular psoriasis, palmoplantar pustulosis, palmoplantar pustular psoriasis or subcorneal pustular dermatosis.
- Have a primary care physician.
- Will travel to the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland once-a-month during the 4-month study period.
- Will undergo a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist, and physical examination of the skin, joints, eyes and heart.
- Will have urine and blood samples collected.
- May have skin and fat samples collected, as well as imaging studies performed.
- Will be provided with the study medication at no cost for the 4-month study period.
- Reimbursement for travel, accommodation and food will be offered consistent with NIH guidelines.
How can you enroll?
For more information, please call:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017