CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Study for Muscular Dystrophy
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center are conducting a study on Fragile Sarcolemmal-associated Muscular Dystrophies (FSMD).
The goal of this study is to:
- identify biological indicators of the changes that occur in the muscle-cell membrane of people diagnosed with one of the FSMDs.
Consider this study if you have been diagnosed with one of the FSMDs: Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy type 2B-F, I, L, Myoshi Myopathy, Becker Muscular Dystrophy, or Myoshi Muscular Dystrophy-3.
All study-related tests are provided at no cost to you.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have been diagnosed with one of the FSMDs
- Can commit to multiple five day stays at the NIH
- Can walk 33 feet without walking aids or orthotics
- Are under the care of a primary care physician
You may not be eligible if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have active, on-going medical problems such as diabetes, renal, orthotics hepatic, pulmonary or cardiac disease
- Are taking anti-inflammatory drugs, narcotics or drugs with known myotoxicity
The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is located on the Metro red line, Medical Center stop in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, please call:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017