Healthy Males Needed for a Research Study
Doctors at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) seek healthy male volunteers, 18-35 years old with body mass index (BMI) of 18.5-25 kg/m2 to participate in the study. Calculate BMI.
This study will collect data about the effects of currently approved anti-obesity drugs on your metabolic rate. Compensation provided to potential participants.
About the study
- Have a screening visit including medical history, physical exam, blood tests, and EKG
- Have six visits: (5) one-day overnight inpatient stays and (1) two–night overnight inpatient stay, over a six to twelve week period at the NIH Clinical Center.
- Stay in a temperature-controlled room and wear non-invasive devices to measure activity, heart rate, and temperature
- Receive daily study medications
You may not be eligible if you:
- Have high blood pressure or taking medications to control your blood pressure
- Have diabetes, liver disease, a thyroid condition, or heart disease
- Smoke or use tobacco products
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's Research Hospital, is located on the Metro red line (Medical center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information, call:
NIH Clinical Center
Office of Patient Recruitment
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)