CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Study for Treatment of Liver Disease with Vitamin E
Do you have fatty liver?
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seeks adults with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) to join a research study. Researchers want to learn which dose of vitamin E most effectively treats these conditions.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are 18 or older
- Have, or your physician suspects you have, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
In the study:
- You will initially join a 12-week lifestyle modification program that includes exercise and diet
- You will receive treatment with vitamin E at one of three doses for up to three years
- Your participation will include thorough study of your liver disease
- You will make multiple visits to the NIH Clinical Center, including several inpatient visits
- Throughout the study, a registered dietitian will provide counseling to help you achieve and maintain the diet and lifestyle changes
- There is no charge for study-related tests, procedures, and medications
- Travel reimbursement may be provided
NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, in Bethesda, Maryland. On the Metro red line, Medical Center stop
For more information, please call toll free:
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017