CONTACT USCall toll free: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEARCH THE STUDIESYou can search the collection of research studies being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center at Search the Studies. In addition, clinicaltrials.gov provides patients, family members, and members of the public easy and free access to information on clinical studies for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
Healthy Volunteers Wanted
Study on Disease of the Mouth
Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center seek adults with or without gum disease (periodontal disease) to join a research study. Doctors want to learn how a person's immune system affects the health of the mouth. Compensation will be offered.
Study Procedures Include:
- One 1-hour screening visit and one 2-hour outpatient visit
- An oral exam, medical and dental history
- Dental X-rays and photos
- Blood, urine and saliva collection
- Gum biopsy
- No cost for participation or any tests associated with the research
Do You Qualify?
You may qualify for this study if you are:
- 18 or older
- Healthy with no other chronic conditions
- A non-smoker
You may not qualify if you:
- Have a history of an autoimmune disorder such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis; diabetes; HIV; hepatitis B or C
- Have a bleeding disorder or take medications such as blood thinners
- Are pregnant or breast feeding
- Have had radiation therapy to the head or neck
Location: The NIH Clinical Center, America's research hospital, is conveniently located on the Metro Red Line (Medical Center stop) in Bethesda, Maryland.
For more information:
Call the Office of Patient Recruitment: 1-800-411-1222
Se habla español
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
Print the Flyer
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 09/07/2017