Search by Department
Dr. Robert M. Lembo is the Director of Education and Training in the Office of the Chief of Educational Affairs and Strategic Partnerships at the NIH Clinical Center. He also serves as the Executive Director of Graduate Medical Education at the Clinical Center.
Dr. Lembo is the Director of Education and Training in the Office of the Chief of Educational Affairs and Strategic Partnerships at the NIH Clinical Center. He also serves as the Executive Director of Graduate Medical Education at the Clinical Center. In these roles, Dr. Lembo is responsible for administrative oversight of all graduate medical education training programs at the NIH Clinical Center, and for the maintenance of NIH institutional and program-specific accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
He also provides clinical consultation for pediatric patients referred to the Inflammatory Disease Section of the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), which studies the genetics, pathophysiology and treatment of inherited disorders of inflammation.
Lembo RM, Marchant CD: Acute phase reactants and risk of bacterial meningitis among febrile infants and children. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 1991;20:36-40.
Lembo RM, Rubin DH, Krowchuk DP, McCarthy PL: Peripheral white blood cell counts and bacterial meningitis: implications regarding diagnostic efficacy in febrile children. Pediatric Emergency Care. 1991;7:4-11
Super DM, Cartelli NJ, Brooks LJ, Lembo RM, Kumar ML: Prospective randomized double-blind trial to evaluate the effect of dexamethasone in acute laryngotracheitis. Journal of Pediatrics. 1989;115:323-329.
Krowchuk DP, Anglin TM, Lembo RM: Diagnostic efficacy of genitonurinary symptoms and abnormal vaginal discharge for the recognition of lower genital tract infection in adolescent females. Adolescent and Pediatric Gynecology. 1988;1:185-189.
Krowchuk DP, Anglin TM, Lembo RM, Brown RF, Thomas FC, Kumar ML: Use of enzyme immunoassay for the rapid diagnosis of Chlamydia trachomatis endocervical infection in female adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health Care. 1988;9:296-300.
McCarthy PL, Lembo RM, Fink HA, et.al.: Observation, history and physical examination and serious illness in febrile children <24 months. Journal of Pediatrics. 1987;110:26-30.
Kumar ML, Super DM, Lembo RM, Thomas FC, Prokay SL: Diagnostic efficacy of two rapid tests for detection of respiratory syncytial virus antigen. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 1987;25:873-875.
McCarthy PL, Lembo RM, Baron MA, Fink H, Cicchetti DV: The predictive value of abnormal physical examination findings in ill and well-appearing febrile children. Pediatrics. 1985;76:167-171.
- National Institute of Mental Health Director’s Award, National Institutes of Health, for special recognition of the initiative, creativity and effectiveness of the NIH Distressed Trainee Work Group on behalf of intramural trainees in distress, 2018
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) Partnership Award, National Institutes of Health, in recognition of critical support for NICHD’s Graduate Medical Education programs to advance the NICHD’s mission, 2015
- Ruth L. Kirschstein Mentoring Award, National Institutes of Health, for exemplary performance while demonstrating significant leadership, skill, and ability in serving as a mentor, 2014
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Award, National Institutes of Health, for exceptional administrative and organizational leadership, 2009
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Department of Pediatrics, NYU School of Medicine, 2004
- Chief Resident’s Excellence Award, Department of Pediatric, NYU School of Medicine, 2003
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 07/02/2020