Laura M. Lee, MS, RN
Office of Patient Safety and Clinical Quality
MS, University of Illinois-Chicago School of Medicine
BSN, The Catholic University of America School of Nursing
BA, Gettysburg College, School of Management/Business
Back to Senior Staff Directory
NIH Clinical Center Senior Staff
Laura M. Lee, MS, RN
Laura M. Lee, MS, RN is the Director, Office of Patient Safety and Clinical Quality at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center. Ms. Lee’s responsibilities include managing the Clinical Center’s patient safety, clinical quality improvement, and performance measurement programs, managing the patient safety event reporting and feedback system, coordinating the Clinical Center’s patient perception and experience activities, oversight of the Clinical Center’s Joint Commission accreditation activities, and Executive Secretary for the Clinical Center’s Medical Executive Committee.
Prior to assuming the role of Director of the Office of Patient Safety and Clinical Quality in 2015, Ms. Lee served as Special Assistant to the Deputy Director for Clinical Care. In this role she provided strategic support to the Deputy Director of Clinical Care for issues related to patient safety, clinical quality improvement, and hospital clinical operations.
Ms. Lee holds a Master of Science in Patient Safety Leadership from the College of Medicine at the University of Illinois-Chicago, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the Catholic University of America, and a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Gettysburg College.
Honors and Awards
- NIH Director's Award for Patient Safety and Clinical Quality (2017)
- NIH Director's Award for NIH Ebola Patient Care Response Team (2015)
- DHHS Innovates Award for Electronic Patient Tracking in Disasters (2012)
- NIH Director's Award for Outstanding Leadership in Emergency Preparedness (2006)
- NIH Director's Award for Clinical Skills in Response to an Emergency (2006)
- NIMH Director’s Award for Significant Achievement (2006)
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Award – Joint Commission Accreditation (2006)
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Award – Strategic Initiatives (2004)
- DHHS Secretary's Award for Distinguished Service (2001)
- NIH Director's Award for Performance Measurement, Organ Transplantation and Customer Satisfaction (1999)
- NIH Clinical Center Director’s Awards (‘92, ‘94, ‘97, ‘04, ‘05, ‘06, ‘14, ‘15)
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.
This page last updated on 03/08/2018