PROGRAMS and SERVICES
The course is offered yearly at the Clinical Center. A certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course, which includes a final exam. This activity will be of interest to physicians and other health professionals training for a career in clinical research.
- To become familiar with the basic epidemiologic methods involved in clinical research;.
- To be able to discuss the principles involved in the ethics of clinical research, the legal issues involved in clinical research, and the regulations involved in human subjects research, including the role of institutional review boards (IRBs) in clinical research.
- To become familiar with the principles and issues involved in monitoring patient-oriented research.
- To be able to discuss the infrastructure required in performing clinical research and have an understanding of the steps involved in developing and funding research studies.
The 2012-2013 schedule (53 KB) is now available.
Textbook for the 2012-2013 Session
The course textbook, Principles and Practice of Clinical Research, Third Edition (ISBN: 978 0-12-382167-6) is available in the Foundation for Advance Education in the Sciences (FAES) Bookstore in Building 10, Room B1L101. To check on availability, you may call the bookstore at (301) 496-5272.
Textbook queries may also be made by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or calling (800) 545-2522.
In order to view the current course videos, you must be registered for that academic year. To access the current year's information, you must log in using your email address and the four-digit number that was used when you registered for the course.
Viewing these videos requires that RealPlayer G2 be installed on your hard drive with 150 kbps of bandwidth. If RealPlayer G2 is not already installed, please DOWNLOAD RealPlayer. For technical assistance regarding RealPlayer downloading, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting, contact the Technical Assistance Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 594-6248.
- Please direct administrative questions about the course to: email@example.com. If you experience problems playing video, contact the Technical Assistance Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 594-6248 .
- If you experience any other technical problems with this site, contact technical support at email@example.com or call (301) 797-2386 or (800)-30-MEDIA.
- For more information about the Clinical Center, you may contact Clinical Center Communications via e-mail, phone at 301-496-2563, or mail at Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-7511.
To view the current year's course videos and materials, you must be a registered student for the present academic year. To access the current year's information, you must log in using your last name and the four-digit number that was used when you registered for the course.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.