Clinical Research Training On-Line: General Information
Objectives of the course are:
- To be aware of the ethical issues involved in human subjects research;
- To become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the principal investigator and the institution when conducting clinical research in the NIH intramural research program;
- To have an understanding of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversight of clinical research; and
- To become familiar with how developments in science and health are reported by the media and how to work effectively with reporters.
Topics covered in the course are:
- Ethical Issues in Human Subjects Research;
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Investigator;
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Institution;
- Regulatory Issues; and
- Clinical Investigators and the Mass Media.
To access the web-based offering of this course, click here: http://www.nihtraining.com/cc/crt/indexvideo.html
This page last reviewed on 07/24/08