PROGRAMS and SERVICES
If you have further questions or need additional information regarding Clinical Electives for students, please call (301) 496-9425 or email cc_od_ocrtme_cep@
The NIH Clinical Center's Clinical Electives Program offers short term, 4- to 12-week clinically oriented rotations to both national and international, senior medical and dental students. The Visiting Student Application Service, VSAS, is the preferred service for submission of applications from U.S. LCME/AOA-accredited medical school students. For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas [disclaimer] or contact VSAS at email@example.com or (202) 478-9878.
U.S. LCME/AOA accredited medical school students who prefer not to use VSAS as well as all applicants attending Canadian, non-LCME accredited medical schools, or CODA/ADA dental schools should submit applications via the NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students on-line application system.
Clinical Electives Rotation Descriptions
- Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics for Senior Medical Students
- Critical Care Medicine
- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Gynecology Consult Service
- Health Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Interdisciplinary Women's Health
- Internal Medicine Consult Service
- Medical Genetics
- Medical Informatics
- Medical Oncology
- Neurology/Neuroscience Research
- Nuclear Medicine
- Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Pediatric Consult Service
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology
- Psychiatry/Psychosomatic Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Surgical Thoracic and GI Oncology
- Transfusion Medicine
- Urologic Oncology
The NIH Clinical Electives Program does not offer housing or travel subsidies.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.