PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- August 5: The Contemporary Issues in Graduate Medical Education Lecture Series will begin on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 12:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Kristen Grace, MD, PhD, Senior Scientist-Investigator, Division of Investigative Oversight, Office of Research Integrity, Department of Health and Human Services will discuss, "Human Research Protections Beyond the Institution Review Board (IRB): Unmasking the Ramifications of Data 'Fudging' in Human Research Studies." Contemporary Issues in Graduate Medical Education is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds. Lectures will also be held on August 12, August 19, and August 26.
- August 6: The NIH Summer Poster Day will be held Thursday, August 6, 2015 in Building 45 (Natcher). During the event, summer interns will present their summer research projects.
- August 27: The 2015 NIH Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program is now accepting applications. The deadline for the full application is Thursday, August 27, 2015.
- August 28: Registration for the 2015-2016 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology (PCP) course will close on Friday, August 28, 2015. Classes will begin on Thursday, September 3, 2015.
- September 3: The 2015-2016 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology (PCP) course begins Thursday, September 3, 2015 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- September 16-18: The NIH 29th Annual Research Festival will be held September 16-18, 2015 on the NIH campus.
- October 1: The online application for the 2016-2017 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will open on Thursday, October 1, 2015.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
- A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program (Deadline: August 27, 2015)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- April 30, 2015: Congratulations to Dr. Le Lu, Staff Scientist, Diagnostic Radiology Department, Clinical Center, for receiving the 2015 Postbac Distinguished Mentor Award during the 2015 NIH Postbac Poster Day on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
- May 11-12, 2015: The NIH Medical Research Program Scholars Program (MRSP) Scientific Presentations and Poster Session [disclaimer] was held Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at the NIH Clinical Center (Building 10). The 42 MRSP scholars presented their mentored research project results to the NIH community and guests.
- May 11-16, 2015: The Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course was held May 11-16, 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa in partnership with the South African Medical Research Council. Presenters included Dr. John I. Gallin, Director, Clinical Center; Dr. Christine Grady, Director, Department of Bioethics, Clinical Center; and Dr. Frederick P. Ognibene, Deputy Director, Educational Affairs and Strategic Partnerships, Clinical Center.
- June 18, 2015: Approximately 80 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program visited the NIH Clinical Center on Thursday, July 18, 2015 to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
- July 17, 2015: Twenty-nine biomedical Ph.D. students from 24 different U.S. academic institutions completed the two-week course, "Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students" hosted by the NIH Clinical Center on Friday, July 17, 2015. This was the fourth year the course was offered at the Clinical Center.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.