PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- July 6: The 2015 Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students began on Monday, July 6, 2015. A total of 29 biomedical Ph.D. students from 24 institutions around the country participated in the 2-week intensive course at the NIH main campus.
- July 7: The 2015 NIH Clinical Center Orientation for incoming clinical fellows was held on Tuesday, July 7, 2015 from 8:00 am - 12:30 pm in the Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- July 20: Registration for the 2015-2016 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology (PCP) course will open on Monday, July 20, 2015. Classes will begin on Thursday, September 3, 2015.
- August 6: The NIH Summer Poster Day will be held Thursday, August 6, 2015 in Building 45 (Natcher). During the event, summer interns will present their summer research projects.
- August 27: The 2015 NIH Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program is now accepting applications. The deadline for the full application is Thursday, August 27, 2015.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program (Deadline: August 27, 2015)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- April 30, 2015: Congratulations to Dr. Le Lu, Staff Scientist, Diagnostic Radiology Department, Clinical Center, for receiving the 2015 Postbac Distinguished Mentor Award during the 2015 NIH Postbac Poster Day on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
- May 11-12, 2015: The NIH Medical Research Program Scholars Program (MRSP) Scientific Presentations and Poster Session [disclaimer] was held Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at the NIH Clinical Center (Building 10). The 42 MRSP scholars presented their mentored research project results to the NIH community and guests.
- May 11-16, 2015: The Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course was held May 11-16, 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa in partnership with the South African Medical Research Council. Presenters included Dr. John I. Gallin, Director, Clinical Center; Dr. Christine Grady, Director, Department of Bioethics, Clinical Center; and Dr. Frederick P. Ognibene, Deputy Director, Educational Affairs and Strategic Partnerships, Clinical Center.
- June 18, 2015: Approximately 80 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program visited the NIH Clinical Center on Thursday, July 18, 2015 to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.