PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- December 10: The Contemporary Clinical Medicine Great Teachers Series will be held Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 12:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Paul H. Plotz, M.D., Senior Clinician, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases and Scientist Emeritus, NIH, will present, "Autoimmunity: The Once and Future History of an Idea." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- December 12: The 2014 NIH Clinical Center Director's Annual Address and Awards Ceremony will be held Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:00pm in the Clinical Center's Masur Auditorium (Building 10).
- January 6, 2015: Demystifying Medicine 2015 begins Tuesday, January 6, 2015 in Building 50.
- January 15, 2015: The online application for the 2015 Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students will open on Thursday, January 15, 2015. The course will be held July 6-17, 2015. Currently enrolled doctoral students pursuing a Ph.D. in the biomedical sciences at a U.S. institution are eligible to apply.
- January 27, 2015: The online application for the 2015-2016 NIH-Duke Master's Program in Clinical Research will open Tuesday, January 27, 2015. NIH clinical fellows and other health professionals training for clinical research careers are eligible to apply.
- January 31, 2015: The online application for the 2015-2016 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will close on Saturday, January 31, 2015.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course
This course consists of a weekly lecture series covering the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology as a translational scientific discipline focused on rational drug development and utilization in therapeutics. View this week's schedule (23 KB).
- Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course
This course offers lectures twice a week to train participants on how to effectively conduct clinical research. The course focuses on the spectrum of clinical research and the research process. View this week's schedule (67 KB).
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Medical Research Scholars Program (Deadline: January 31, 2015)
- NIH Summer Internship Program (Deadline: March 1, 2015)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- September 8, 2014: The Second Annual NIH Clinical Fellows Day was held Monday, September 8, 2014 in Lispett Amphitheater (Building 10). Approximately 80 clinical fellows from across the NIH participated in the event.
- September 18, 2014: Frederick P. Ognibene, MD, MCCM, FACP, director of the NIH Clinical Center Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education, was spotlighted in the September 2014 issue of the Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS) Connection [disclaimer].
- September 22-26, 2014: The Principles and Practice of Clinical Research—Brazil was held September 22-26, 2014 in Rio De Janeiro. The one-week abridged version of the NIH Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course included presenters from both the NIH and the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (FIOCRUZ).
- September 29, 2014: The workshop "IND-Enabling Non-Clinical Safety Assessment of Candidate Drugs and Good Laboratory Practice Standards: The FDA Regulatory Perspective" (NIH-Only) was held on Monday, September 29, 2014 in Masur Auditorium (Building 10). The NIH Clinical Center-FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research Joint Task Force hosted the educational program for NIH clinical investigators, clinical research study coordinators, clinical fellows, and clinical and translational research scientists.
- October 22-23, 2014: The 2014 Pharmacokinetics Modeling Workshop was held October 22-23, 2014 at the NIH Center for Information Technology.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.