PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- September 4: The 2014-2015 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course begins Thursday, September 4, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- September 8: The Second Annual NIH Clinical Fellows Day (470 KB) will be held Monday, September 8, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10) from 8:00 A.M. to 3:45 P.M. For more information, please email the Clinical Fellows Committee co-chairs Drs. Sid Kerkar and Natalia Chalmers.
- September 10: The first Great Teachers presentation of the 2014-2015 academic year will be held Wednesday, September 10, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Frederick S. Southwick, M.D., Professor of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine and Quality Projects Manager for the Senior Vice President for Health Affairs, University of Florida Health, will discuss "Medical Mistakes: Why Do They Happen and How Can We Prevent Them." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- September 22-26: The NIH 28th Annual Research Festival will be held September 22-26, 2014 on the NIH main campus.
- Clinical Research Connections Newsletter
A newsletter for alumni of and current participants in NIH clinical training programs published in the fall.
- October 1: The online application for the 2015-2016 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will open Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
- October 6: Registration for the 2014-2015 Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course will close on Monday, October 6, 2014. Classes begin Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
- October 6: The Protocol Navigators Training Series will continue on Monday, October 6, 2014 at the NIH. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program's Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- May 12-13: The 2013-2014 NIH Medical Research Scholars Program Scientific Presentations were held on Monday, May 12 and Tuesday, May 13, 2014 in the Lipsett Amphitheater of the NIH Clinical Center.
- June 19: Approximately 80 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program [disclaimer] visited the NIH Clinical Center to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
- July 8: The Clinical Center Orientation for New Clinical Fellows was held Tuesday, July 8, 2014 in the Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- August 7: The NIH Summer Poster Day was held Thursday, August 7, 2014 on the NIH campus in Natcher (Building 45). Approximately 40 Clinical Center summer interns presented their research projects during the event.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.