PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- June 3: The Protocol Navigators Training Series will continue on Monday, June 3, 2013 at the NIH. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program’s Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- June 4: Fifty-two tenth graders from Wissahickon High School in Ambler, PA will visit the NIH Clinical Center and the new Porter Neuroscience Building to learn about educational and training opportunities and fascinating research efforts at NIH. The students are part of the "Bridge to Employment Initiative" [disclaimer] sponsored by Johnson and Johnson.
- June 12: The Tenth Annual John Laws Decker Memorial Lecture will be held Wednesday, June 12, 2013. Antonio Fojo, MD, Senior Investigator, Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI will discuss "Novel Paradigms in Cancer that May Led to Better Therapies." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- June 17: The 2013 NIH Clinical Center Summer Internship Program (SIP) will begin Monday, June 17, 2013 and conclude Friday, August 9, 2013. The eight-week internship is open to high school, undergraduate, graduate and professional school students.
- June 20: Approximately 90 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program [disclaimer] will visit the NIH Clinical Center to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
- Clinical Research Connections Newsletter
A newsletter for alumni and current participants in NIH clinical training programs. The latest issue was published in June 2013.
- July 8-19: The Clinical and Translational Research Course for PhD Students will begin Monday, July 8, 2013 and conclude Friday, July 19, 2013.
- July 9: An orientation for new clinical fellows will take place on Tuesday, July 9. Additionally, a special Clinical Fellows Grand Rounds will be held each Wednesday in August. This is a component of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds focused on a core curriculum for all clinical fellows and others.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- April 28: Dr. Frederick P. Ognibene, OCRTME Director, highlighted training opportunities at the American Physician Scientists Association (APSA) residency luncheon [disclaimer] in Chicago, Illinois. The APSA meeting was held in conjunction with the annual joint meeting of the American Society for Clinical Investigation and Association of American Physicians.
- May 13-14: The 2012-2013 NIH Medical Research Scholars Program Year-End Scientific Presentations (109 KB) occured Monday, May 13 and Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at the NIH Clinical Center, Lipsett Auditorium.
- May 14: The Sixth Annual NIH Career Symposium took place from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 in the Natcher Conference Center. A Career Options for Clinicians panel discussion convened in Room F1/F2 from 9:45-10:45 AM. Registration for this event was open to postdoctoral fellows, clinical fellows and PhD-level graduate students.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.