PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- October 1: The online application for the 2015-2016 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will open Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
- October 1: The 2014 Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research Course begins Wednesday, October 1, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- October 6: The Protocol Navigators Training Series will continue on Monday, October 6, 2014 at 2pm in Building 50. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program's Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- October 8: The Contemporary Clinical Medicine Great Teachers presentation will be held Wednesday, October 8, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Rhonda M. Alani, M.D., Herbert Mescon Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, and Dermatologist-in-Chief, Boston Medical Center, will present "Promise and Progress: Melanoma Therapy for 2014 and Beyond." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- October 14: The 2014-2015 Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course begins Tuesday, October 14, 2014 in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Clinical Research Connections Newsletter A newsletter for alumni of and current participants in NIH clinical training programs published in the fall.
- Clinical Research Connections Newsletter
A newsletter for alumni of and current participants in NIH clinical training programs published in the fall.
- Mid-November 2014: The application for the 2015 NIH Summer Internship Program (SIP) will open in mid-November. The Clinical Center participates in SIP (Clinical Center Summer Internship Program).
- January 2015: The application for the 2015 Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students will open in January 2015. The course will be held July 6-17, 2015.
- January 6, 2015: Demystifying Medicine 2015 begins Tuesday, January 6, 2015 in Building 50.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course
This course consists of a weekly lecture series covering the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology as a translational scientific discipline focused on rational drug development and utilization in therapeutics. View this week's schedule (149 KB).
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- August 7: The NIH Summer Poster Day was held Thursday, August 7, 2014 on the NIH campus in Natcher (Building 45). Approximately 40 Clinical Center summer interns presented their research projects during the event..
- September 8, 2014: The Second Annual NIH Clinical Fellows Day was held Monday, September 8, 2014 in Lispett Amphitheater (Building 10). Approximately 80 clinical fellows from across the NIH participated in the event.
- September 29: The workshop, "IND-Enabling Non-Clinical Safety Assessment of Candidate Drugs and Good Laboratory Practice Standards: The FDA Regulatory Perspective," was held on Monday, September 29, 2014 in Masur Auditorium (Building 10). The NIH Clinical Center-FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research Joint Task Force hosted the educational program for NIH clinical investigators, clinical research study coordinators, clinical fellows, and clinical and translational research scientists.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.