PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- December 2: The Protocol Navigators Training Series will continue on Monday, December 2, 2013 at the NIH. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program’s Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- December 3: The deadline to apply to the NIH Loan Repayment Program for extramural researcher scientists is Tuesday, December 3, 2013.
- December 11: The next Great Teachers presentation will be held Wednesday, December 11, 2013 in Lipsett Amphitheatre. Phillip Gordon, MD, Director Emeritus and Senior Investigator, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, will discuss, "Syndromic Insulin Resistance: From Description to Therapy." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- December 12: NIH clinical investigators and translational research scientists, clinical research coordinators, and trainees are invited to attend the upcoming special course "Investigational New Drug (IND) Applications: What You Need to Know for Successful Interactions with the FDA" to be held Thursday, December 12, 2013.
- Clinical Research Connections Newsletter
A newsletter for alumni and current participants in NIH clinical training programs.
- January 7, 2014: Demystifying Medicine 2014 will begin Tuesday, January 7, 2014 on the NIH main campus in Building 50. This series provides Ph.D. students, clinicians, and program managers with weekly lectures designed to bridge the gap between advances in biology and their application to major human diseases.
- NIH Medical Research Scholars Program
Applications for the 2014-2015 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars are being accepted. Application deadline: January 15, 2014.
- NIH Summer Internship Program
Applications for the 2014 NIH Summer Internship Program (SIP) are being accepted. Application deadline: March 1, 2014. The Clinical Center participates in the NIH SIP.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course
This course consists of a weekly lecture series covering the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology as a translational scientific discipline focused on rational drug development and utilization in therapeutics. View this week's schedule (22 KB).
- Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course
This course offers lectures twice a week to train participants on how to effectively conduct clinical research. The course focuses on the spectrum of clinical research and the research process. View this week's schedule (154 KB).
- October 25: The inaugural NIH Clinical Fellows Day was held Friday, October 25, 2013 at the NIH Clinical Center.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.