PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- March 2: The NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will interview candidates for the 2015-2016 class on Monday, March 2, 2015.
- March 9: The Protocol Navigators Training Seminar will be held Monday, March 9, 2015 at 2:00pm in Building 50, Room 1227. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program's Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- March 10: The 2014-2015 Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course will conclude on Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
- March 11: The Contemporary Clinical Medicine Great Teachers Lecture will be held Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 12:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Laura Liberman, MD, Director, Office of Faculty Development and Attending Radiologist, Breast Imaging Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and Professor of Radiology, Weill Cornell Medical College (New York) will discuss, "From Physician to Patient to Poet." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- March 27-29: The 19th Annual Conference of the National Hispanic Medical Association [disclaimer] will be held March 27-29, 2015 in Washington, DC. Dr. Susan Leitman, Director, NIH Medical Research Scholars Program, will discuss, "Building Latino Pathways in Medicine and Research" on Friday, March 27, 2015 at 3:40pm.
- March 30: The 2015 application for the Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students will close on Monday, March 30, 2015. Current students enrolled in a Ph.D. program at a U.S. institution or in the NIH Graduate Partnership Program are encouraged to apply.
- April 1-5, 2015: The 51st Annual Medical Education Conference of the Student National Medical Association [disclaimer] will be held April 1-5, 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana. OCRTME leadership will discuss, "Research Opportunities at the NIH" on Saturday, April 4, 2015.
- April 23: The 2014-2015 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course will conclude on Thursday, April 23, 2015.
- June 15: The NIH Clinical Center's 2015 Summer Internship Program will begin on Monday, June 15, 2015. During the 8-week, full-time program, students will conduct research with NIH mentors, attend research seminars, and present their research at the NIH Summer Poster Day.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course
This course consists of a weekly lecture series covering the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology as a translational scientific discipline focused on rational drug development and utilization in therapeutics. View this week's schedule (23 KB).
- Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Course
This course offers lectures twice a week to train participants on how to effectively conduct clinical research. The course focuses on the spectrum of clinical research and the research process. View this week's schedule (67 KB).
- Demystifying Medicine
This series provides graduate students, basic scientists, clinicians, and program managers with weekly lectures designed to bridge the gap between advances in biology and their application to major human diseases. View this week's schedule.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students (Deadline: March 30, 2015)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- January 5, 2015: Current NIH MRSP scholar Lisa Gretebeck was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 in the area of healthcare.
- February 1, 2015: Current NIH MRSP scholars Abdulkareem Agunbiade and Lisa Gretebeck participated in the NIH-StoryCorps Oral History Project. Their 45-minute interview is archived at the Library of Congress' American Folklife Center.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.