PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- April 1-5, 2015: The 51st Annual Medical Education Conference of the Student National Medical Association [disclaimer] will be held April 1-5, 2015 in New Orleans, Louisiana. OCRTME leadership will discuss, “Research Opportunities at the NIH” on Saturday, April 4, 2015.
- April 6: The Protocol Navigators Training Seminar will be held Monday, April 6, 2015 at 2:00pm in Building 50, Room 1227. Jonathan M. Gitlin, PhD, Division of Policy, Communication and Education, National Human Genome Research Institute, will present, "FDA and the Regulation of Genomic Diagnostics in Research and Medicine." This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program's Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- April 8: The Contemporary Clinical Medicine Great Teachers Lecture will be held Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Robert W. Haley, MD, FACP, FACE, Professor and Holder of the Distinguished Chair in Medical Research, Honoring America's Gulf War Veterans and Chief, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (Texas) will discuss, "Epidemiologic, Neuroimaging and Genomic Research into Chronic Neurotoxic Encephalopathy from the 1991 Persian Gulf War." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- April 23: The 2014-2015 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course will conclude on Thursday, April 23, 2015.
- May 11-12: The 2014-2015 NIH Medical Research Program Scholars Program (MRSP) Scientific Presentations and Poster Session will be held Monday, May 11 and Tuesday, May 12, 2015 in the FAES classrooms and the FAES terrace in the NIH Clinical Center (Building 10). The 42 MRSP scholars will present their mentored research project results to the NIH community.
- May 15: NIH employees interested in pursuing a master's in clinical research may apply to the 2015-2016 NIH-Duke Training Program in Clinical Research. Applications are due by Friday, May 15, 2015. For eligibility criteria, please visit the applicant website [disclaimer]. Classes will be held at the NIH main campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
- June 15: The NIH Clinical Center's 2015 Summer Internship Program will begin on Monday, June 15, 2015. During the 8-week, full-time program, students will conduct research with NIH mentors, attend research seminars, and present their research at the NIH Summer Poster Day.
- July 6: The 2015 Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students will begin on Monday, July 6, 2015. Up to 30 biomedical Ph.D. students will participate in the 2-week intensive course at the NIH main campus.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- Demystifying Medicine
This series provides graduate students, basic scientists, clinicians, and program managers with weekly lectures designed to bridge the gap between advances in biology and their application to major human diseases. View this week's schedule.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- January 5, 2015: Current NIH MRSP scholar Lisa Gretebeck was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 in the area of healthcare.
- February 1, 2015: Current NIH MRSP scholars Abdulkareem Agunbiade and Lisa Gretebeck participated in the NIH-StoryCorps Oral History Project. Their 45-minute interview is archived at the Library of Congress' American Folklife Center.
- March 27-29: The 19th Annual Conference of the National Hispanic Medical Association [disclaimer] was held March 27-29, 2015 in Washington, DC. Dr. Susan Leitman, Director, NIH Medical Research Scholars Program, discussed, "Building Latino Pathways in Medicine and Research" on Friday, March 27, 2015.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.