PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- Mid-November: The online application for the 2016 NIH Summer Internship Program will open in mid-November 2015.
- November 20: OCRTME will host a webinar for prospective applicants of the NIH 2016-2017 Medical Research Scholars Program on Friday, November 20, 2015 at 3pm EST. All medical, dental and veterinary students interested in the program are invited to attend.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
- A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (Spring 2016 applications due December 1, 2015)
- NIH Medical Research Scholars Program (Deadline: January 15, 2016)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- June 18, 2015: Approximately 80 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program visited the NIH Clinical Center on Thursday, July 18, 2015 to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
- July 17, 2015: Twenty-nine biomedical Ph.D. students from 24 different U.S. academic institutions completed the two-week course, "Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students" hosted by the NIH Clinical Center on Friday, July 17, 2015. This was the fourth year the course was offered at the Clinical Center.
- August 6, 2015: The NIH Summer Poster Day was held Thursday, August 6, 2015 on the NIH campus in Building 45. Forty-three NIH Clinical Center summer interns presented their research at the event.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.