PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- April 7: The Protocol Navigators Training Series will continue on Monday, April 7, 2014 at the NIH. This event is hosted by the NIH Intramural Research Program's Protocol Navigation Training Program. Previous seminars are available on-demand [disclaimer].
- April 8: The application deadline for the 2014 Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students has been extended to Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 11:59 EST. This two-week summer intensive course provides predoctoral students in the basic and biomedical sciences with didactic and interactive sessions to demonstrate the role of the Ph.D. scientist in clinical and translational research and provide an overview and examples of how basic science and clinical observations lead to translational research.
- April 9: The next Great Teachers presentation will be held Wednesday, April 9, 2014 in Lipsett Amphitheatre. Rebecca H. Buckley, M.D., J. Buren Sidbury Professor of Pediatrics and Professor of Immunology, Department of Pediatrics and Immunology, Duke University School of Medicine will discuss, "Severe Combined Immunodeficiency: Lessons Learned and Hope and Concerns for the Future." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- April 24: The 2013-2014 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology Course will conclude on Thursday, April 24, 2014.
- Clinical Research Connections Newsletter
A newsletter for alumni of and current participants in NIH clinical training programs.
- May 1: The NIH Postbaccalaureate Poster Day will be held Thursday, May 1, 2014 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm in the Natcher Conference Center (Building 45).
- May 6: Demystifying Medicine 2014 will conclude on Tuesday, May 6, 2014.
- May 12-13: The 2013-2014 NIH Medical Research Scholars Program Scientific Presentations will be held on Monday, May 12 and Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in Lipsett Amphitheater of the NIH Clinical Center.
- May 16: The 7th Annual NIH Career Symposium will be held on Friday, May 16, 2014 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm in the Natcher Conference Center (Building 45).
- June 16: The 2014 Clinical Center Summer Internship Program will begin on Monday, June 16, 2014. The eight-week program will conclude on Friday, August 8, 2014.
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon in Lipsett Amphitheatre, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research. View this month's schedule.
- The NIH Director's Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS)
The WALS includes weekly scientific talks by some of the world's top researchers in the biomedical sciences. All lectures are held in Masur Auditorium, Building 10 of the NIH main campus, and are open to the public.
- December 12, 2013: The special course "Investigational New Drug (IND) Applications: What You Need to Know for Successful Interactions with the FDA" was held Thursday, December 12, 2013.
- March 19, 2014: Dr. Bruce Baum, Director, NIH Medical Research Scholars Program, received the 2014 American Association for Dental Research Jack Hein Public Service Award.
- March 20, 2014: Dr. Juan Lertora, Director, Clinical Pharmacology Program, Clinical Center, received the 2014 American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Henry W. Elliott Distinguished Service Award.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.