PROGRAMS and SERVICES
- September 3: The 2015-2016 Principles of Clinical Pharmacology (PCP) course begins Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 6:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- September 9: The 2015-2016 Contemporary Clinical Medicine Great Teachers lecture series will begin on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 12:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10). Kenneth R. Cooke, MD, Herman and Walter Samuelson Professor of Pediatric Oncology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Director, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins will discuss, " What I Always Wanted to Do When I Grew Up: The Excitement, Trials and Tribulations of Conducting Translational Research." Great Teachers is a sub-series of the Clinical Center Grand Rounds.
- September 16-18: The NIH 29th Annual Research Festival will be held September 16-18, 2015 on the NIH campus.
- September 30: Registration is now open for the 2015 Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research. Classes begin Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 6:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- October 1: The online application for the 2016-2017 class of the NIH Medical Research Scholars Program will open on Thursday, October 1, 2015.
- October 13: Registration for the 2015-2016 Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research a (IPPCR) course is now open. Classes will begin on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 5:00pm in the Clinical Center's Lipsett Amphitheater (Building 10).
- Clinical Center Grand Rounds
- A weekly lecture series, Wednesdays at noon, that focuses on state-of-the-art discoveries in clinical and translational research.
Training Programs Currently Accepting Applications
- NIH Clinical Center Sabbatical in Clinical Research Management (Spring 2016 applications due December 1, 2015)
- NIH Clinical Electives Program for Medical and Dental Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Elective Rotations for Residents and Clinical Fellows (No Deadline)
- NIH GPP-Individual Partnerships for Current Students (No Deadline)
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (No Deadline)
- June 18, 2015: Approximately 80 undergraduate students participating in the Howard University (DC) Robert Wood Johnson Summer Medical and Dental Education Program visited the NIH Clinical Center on Thursday, July 18, 2015 to learn about NIH intramural training programs and research opportunities.
- July 17, 2015: Twenty-nine biomedical Ph.D. students from 24 different U.S. academic institutions completed the two-week course, "Clinical and Translational Research Course for Ph.D. Students" hosted by the NIH Clinical Center on Friday, July 17, 2015. This was the fourth year the course was offered at the Clinical Center.
- August 6, 2015: The NIH Summer Poster Day was held Thursday, August 6, 2015 on the NIH campus in Building 45. Forty-three NIH Clinical Center summer interns presented their research at the event.
NOTE: PDF documents require the free Adobe Reader.