The NIH Clinical Center uses certain information from visitors to its website to improve the online services we provide. Only the following information is collected from visitors to the website: The name of the domain from which you access our site; the date and time you access our site; the type of browser and operating system used to access our site; the pages visited; and, if you linked to our website from another website, the address of that site.
Most of the information at this site is in the public domain. Unless stated otherwise, documents and files on NIH web servers can be freely downloaded. The NIH sponsors most documents on this server; however, you may encounter documents sponsored along with private companies and other organizations. Other parties may retain all rights to publish or reproduce these documents or to allow others to do so. Some documents available from this server may be protected under the U. S. and foreign copyright laws. Permission to reproduce these documents may be required. Content may not be sold. When linking to our audio and video products, users may not decompile the content to create new content.
NIH Clinical Center allows outside groups to link to any page or file on this website under the following conditions:
- The Clinical Center, a federal agency under Health and Human Services, cannot endorse nor appear to endorse any commercial services, commodities, or products. Links should not be displayed in any manner that would imply such an endorsement.
- All external links from commercial sites to our web pages should be clearly identified as such.
The following statement can be used when citing your source to describe our site:
- The Clinical Center located the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md., is the nation's largest hospital entirely dedicated to clinical research.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
NIH does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions of authors expressed on NIH websites do not necessarily state or reflect those of the U.S. Government, and they may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Some NIH sites may provide links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of World Wide Web users. NIH is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does NIH endorse, warrant or guarantee the products, services or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
Disclaimer of Liability
For documents available from this server, the U.S. Government does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed.
New Media Disclaimer
As a federal agency, NIH cannot endorse or promote commercial or individual interests or services. In some cases, where the information serves the public good and is consistent with our mission, we may include an outside link to an external resource; however these need to be examined on a case-by-case basis.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove comments. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the NIH Clinical Center or the federal government.
Please do not post personal medical or contact information to us or in response to our posts. New Media / Social Media platforms are public and what is posted can be viewed by other users. For information on current research studies, go online to the Search the Studies site, or call the Office of Patient Recruitment at 1-800-411-1222 (TTY 1-866-411-1010) weekdays between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. (EST). For urgent matters, please contact your local emergency department.
We are engaged on these sites but may not always be able to respond immediately. If you have a specific question, we encourage you to send us a direct e-mail: http://www.cc.nih.gov/comments.shtml.
We ask that postings and comments on our social media sites:
- Do not include you or your loved one's personal medical information or other private information, such as full names, phone numbers, and birth dates. Your privacy is important to us.
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments should remain relevant to the Clinical Center’s postings featured on this website.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Spreading misleading or false information is prohibited.
- Do not include spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited — this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products.
For questions or additional information related to the Clinical Center's New Media, contact Kelli Carrington, email@example.com.